The Cedartown United Fund is an independent agency serving the Cedartown area. The operation is governed by a Board of Directors representing local industry, business and the professions.
The United Fund Building, renamed The Anne Edge Center to recognize Anne Edge for 42 years of faithful service as United Fund Administrator and Secretary, houses not only the business office, but the Community Clothing Bank, Food Bank, Fund for Local Emergency Needs and the Christmas Toy Program. These programs are administered by the United Fund staff and assisted by a group of dedicated volunteers.
The United Fund was established in 1960 as an independent organization serving the local needs of the Cedartown community for 56 years.
- Administer Clothing Bank, Emergency Food and local emergency needs
- Christmas Supports for Grands Who Care/Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Provide limited prescription medications
- Manage FEMA grant for food
- Managed by a volunteer board of directors comprised of local business leaders
- Receive financial support from local businesses, industries, individuals, and professionals